LET'S CLEAR UP THE MYTHS TO HELP YOU DECIDE ON THE RIGHT MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSES YOURSELF.
To find the best sales team coaching and training, you take the time to research what will work best. We get it. You want to know the facts and to help you understand the truths about Lushin Indianapolis and our Sandler Sales Training techniques, we're going to clear up any questions you may have.
1. Our training is expensive (you can’t afford it).
How will you ever know if you or your company can get a return on your training investment dollars if you don’t ask? We only enter into relationships where we talk about what your return should be after investing in the Lushin Training. Let's have the conversation about your goals, your sales team, and your focus. We'll discuss if investing in this training will materialize into the profits you need.
2. Lushin’s approach is too “in your face” or aggressive for your sales people.
A solid technique to help shorten sales cycle is a good thing. But we don’t rush the process with aggressive tactics! A short sales cycle is important. Our philosophy is to slow down on the front-end of the sale. More effort up front will pay off in the end. Truly working to qualify the sales lead during this time allows a better ability to close that sale because you've found the sale's pain for that prospect.
3. Sales training is the most important aspect of what we do.
We train in sales, yes. We also do so much more. From sales closing techniques to management training, Confidence coaching to hiring processes, we intentionally work in the areas related to personal growth that is an obvious professional builder as well. All of the things we do come from the standpoint that investing in your sales team and sales training which will allow your company to reach its true potential.
4. Lushin is only for sales people and sales managers, not for business owners/presidents/CEOs.
A myth for sure. We focus on helping your business grow. Whatever that takes. Why shouldn't you be involved? Why wouldn't you want to be involved? Besides sales training, we'll make sure the leadership understands what key sales metrics should truly be tracked, how a combination of success measures should be watched and how a mix of leading and lagging indicators in sales will allow you to follow your organization's strategy.
5. The CEO does not have to be involved in what we are doing.
Not true! We join with you to train, support and help your sales team produce the results you expect. To ensure you understand your sales team the CEO and upper management should be involved. Sales creates growth for the company. You can't lose control of your sales force and then expect good results. The goals, the "how, why, and to who" need to be approved by you and we need to ensure everyone is on the same page regarding where your company is going.
6. You can simply send your people to Lushin for training, and we’ll take care of them. You don’t need to be involved.
A healthy sales culture starts at the top. Building that sales culture needs to come from you. You will be a key puzzle piece to building that strong and successful sales team. Growing your business takes a killer sales team and the leadership within. The sales culture of building the right customers and showing them you are the best partner to help them.
7. We only work with big companies.
Nope! We work with big companies, small and even mid-size companies. Larger companies often fall short when it comes to forecasting, metrics and communication. Small companies have other pain points. If you need a partner to help grow your company, we're the ones to call for sales team training. We want to make sure we're the right company to work with you and we'll make sure you are the right fit for us. If it's a match, our team of sales training experts will help you launch your success in the right direction.
8. We only work with small companies.
Nope! Small, medium, and large companies can all take advantage of our Lushin sales training. Lushin Indianapolis, knows that we offer training wherever you need it. If you are a small company, we know people are stretched thin, typically wearing many hats. Let us help you focus on your goals as well as collaborate the create a cohesive sales plan for the company has a whole.
9. Having us speak at your event will give you measurable success.
Measurable success comes through hard work, not a standalone event. We'd love to speak at your event, especially one you've created to help build up a great team, show you are focused on them reaching key performance and presenting your investment in them and their accomplishments. Making sure you focus on all the strategies that allow a great sales team to succeed will be the catalyst for your performance goals.
Myths about Lushin Training Practices
10. We can teach anyone to sell.
Almost. The individual needs to do the work. It does help if you have the right people. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/350181/How-to-Build-a-Sales-Team-that-Works-on-Day-1
11. Training is done in a classroom-style setting.
You’re not in grade school anymore, and Lushin isn’t like other sales training. http://info.lushin.com/blog/where-of-lushin-training
12. We teach high pressure sales tactics.
Pressure is a leading cause of stalling. So no, we don’t. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304762/Remove-the-Pressure-From-Your-Prospects
13. We teach selling through scripts and “moves.”
Sales shouldn’t be cut down to a script. Having a plan and foundation helps, but sometimes, you need to think outside the box. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/223948/Unconventional-Ways-to-Attract-New-Customers
14. We only teach sales tactics and sales “gimmicks.”
Nope! But we do help help our clients to build trust with prospective buyers. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/239915/Are-You-Really-Building-Trust-With-Prospects
15. We only train and facilitate the Sandler sales system, and that’s it.
Sales training, regardless of the system, should teach the basics of mastering human behavior and how to deal with people. http://info.lushin.com/blog/what-sales-training-is-really-about
16. Our clients sound like Lushin/Sandler robots.
A sales conversation should be natural. We help facilitate that. http://info.lushin.com/blog/a-sales-conversation-should-be-a-natural-conversation
Myths Clients Believe About Themselves
17. Your company is successful, so you don’t need help with sales and management training.
18. You already know what your sales people’s problems are and why they’re happening.
How do you really know if you do or don’t? http://info.lushin.com/blog/what-is-the-real-deal
19. You are already “doing all of the right things.”
Then are you where you want to be in terms of steady growth? http://info.lushin.com/blog/why-wouldnt-you-be-doing-this
20. Sales methods won’t work for your longer, more complex sale.
Whether your business is based around a long or short buy cycle, our training can help. http://info.lushin.com/blog/decoding-sales-cycles-and-complexity
21. Your business is different and Lushin won’t understand what you experience.
We help all sorts of clients. Even this marketing firm: http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/342814/Why-Did-A-Marketing-Firm-Hire-Lushin
22. Your sales problems are too messy or too big to work on and fix.
If you have a big, messy problem, we can help you. If your circumstances make it hard for your sales team to succeed, let’s help them together. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/220831/An-Overloaded-Sales-Team-Why-the-Best-Might-Be-Underperforming
23. Training doesn’t apply, or won’t work in your industry.
The real question is, “Do you understand the subtle nuances of our world, and do you understand our situation?” Yes. http://info.lushin.com/blog/how-to-handle-prospect-pushback
24. Hiring is a crapshoot and you can’t predict the future.
It doesn’t have to be a crapshoot. In fact, we can accurately predict and assess who can sell. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/375987/Hiring-a-Sales-Rep-the-Moneyball-Way and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/342791/How-To-Hire-A-Killer-Salesperson
25. It is more effective to train your mediocre sales team than to hire people who can sell out of the gate.
Training put into practice does work. But sometimes it helps to hire in the culture/people you want. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/342795/How-Can-You-Change-Your-Company-Culture
26. Good sales people make for good sales managers.
It’s apples and oranges. Selling and coaching or leadership do not go hand-in-hand. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/378995/How-To-Be-An-All-Star-Sales-Manager and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/312069/Is-Your-Sales-Manager-Strong-Enough-For-Your-Team
27. Strong managers/sales reps don’t need help.
Ask yourself: Is your best sales person really your best? Strip away the advantages. http://info.lushin.com/blog/best-people
28. You don’t need sales training because it is your sales manager’s responsibility.
80% of sales managers are not effective. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304758/Why-80-of-Sales-Managers-are-NOT-Effective
29. Every piece of the puzzle needs to be put into place before getting help.
You need to manage behavior, not results. Stop getting ready. Stop trying things. Find a sales expert. http://info.lushin.com/blog/timing-is-everything
30. Achieving corporate goals is most important.
Nobody gets up in the morning to meet the company sales goal. So, how are you motivating your people to achieve? http://info.lushin.com/blog/where-should-the-focus-be
31. It’s not the right time to tackle this (sales training).
It’s never going to be the right time. You and your team will always be too busy. But if you’re encountering the same problems over and over, it might be time to solve them for good (and quit wasting time). http://info.lushin.com/blog/wasting-time
32. You don’t believe your people can change.
Does your sales team have the passion to succeed? What about the discipline needed? http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/311783/Does-Your-Sales-Team-Have-the-Passion-to-Succeed and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304764/Why-Discipline-is-Critical-to-Strong-Sales-Growth
Myths About Sales Training In General
33. Transformational change is easy, cheap, and fun.
34. Doing a short boost, a boot camp, or a quick session to fix problems will work.
You’re a professional, not an amateur right? You can’t attend one boot camp and consider your work done. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/401621/Are-you-an-amateur-or-a-professional
35. People have to change who they are in order to be more effective at selling.
Not true! Selling should be natural. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/399084/Why-do-salespeople-change-who-they-are-when-they-sell
Myths About Sales
36. Salespeople are born not made.
Some people are born knowing the “what.” But most people need help with the “how.” http://info.lushin.com/blog/do-you-really-know-how and http://info.lushin.com/blog/why-do-we-make-selling-so-difficult
37. Cold calling is unproductive.
Cold calls do generate revenue. But not if you do them the wrong way. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/244327/Boost-Sales-with-5-Cold-Calling-Tips and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/337223/5-Tips-to-Help-Salespeople-Grow-Books-of-Business
38. You should always be closing.
Sometimes you need to walk away (toward more sales). http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/394682/Have-the-Presence-to-Walk-Away-From-a-Bad-Prospect
39. You have to educate your prospect before you can expect them to buy from you.
Don’t be an unpaid consultant! http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/379098/Get-Paid-For-Your-Upfront-Sales-Consulting and http://info.lushin.com/blog/do-demos-help-or-hurt
40. Motivation is the key to success in sales.
No, prospecting is (one of them, at least). http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/340223/5-Proven-Prospecting-Methods-to-Increase-Your-Sales
41. Positive mental attitude is all you need.
Nope. You still need a well-defined sales process. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/337189/5-Parts-of-an-Effective-Sales-Process
42. Being likable is the most important quality of a sales professional.
43. Selling is Telling.
The traditional sales rep tells. We teach our clients to listen and ask. http://info.lushin.com/blog/sales-walls
44. Sales is just a “numbers” game.
It doesn’t have to be! http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/396660/Avoid-the-Bidding-and-Quoting-Trap
45. Hope is a strategy.
46. Buyers tell the truth.
They don’t. And if you believe that, you may have “happy ears.” http://info.lushin.com/blog/happy-ears
47. You have to have thick skin.
You don’t. But, you do need to do the tough work to reach your goals. Accountability and commitment to a plan can help people get out of their comfort zone. http://info.lushin.com/blog/stuck-in-neutral
48. You have to be rejection proof.
No…but selling should be fun. We tell our clients to count their no’s and yes’s. If a “no” feels like rejection, you were too emotionally invested (or focused on your own head trash, and not the sale). http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/380946/Selling-Should-be-Fun
49. Winging it works.
Not if you want consistent, intentional sales and growth. http://info.lushin.com/blog/is-your-companys-growth-intentional-or-just-lucky
50. You need to lower your price to get the sale.
The real issue isn’t the price. http://info.lushin.com/blog/stop-discounting and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304753/Stop-Cutting-Your-Price and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/254691/Price-Shouldn-t-Be-an-Excuse