LET'S CLEAR UP THE MYTHS AND HELP YOU DECIDE ON THE RIGHT MANAGEMENT TRAINING COURSES YOURSELF.
To find the best sales team coaching and training, you take the time to research what will work best. We get it. You want to know the facts and to help you understand the truths about Lushin Indianapolis and our Sandler Sales Training techniques, we're going to clear up any questions you may have.
1. Our training is expensive (you can’t afford it).
How will you ever know if you or your company can get a return on your training investment dollars if you don’t ask? http://info.lushin.com/blog/myth-i-cant-afford-lushin
2. Lushin’s approach is too “in your face” or aggressive for your sales people.
A solid technique to help shorten sales cycle is a good thing. But we don’t rush the process with aggressive tactics! http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/399260/Sell-faster-by-slowing-down
3. Sales training is the most important aspect of what we do.
Yes, we train in sales. But we also do so much more. From sales closing techniques to management training, check out all that we offer. http://info.lushin.com/blog/myth-sales-training-is-what-we-do
4. Lushin is only for sales people and sales managers, not for business owners/presidents/CEOs.
We focus on helping your business grow. Whatever that takes. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/308872/3-Key-Sales-Metrics-All-CEOs-Should-Know
5. The CEO does not have to be involved in what we are doing.
6. You can simply send your people to Lushin for training, and we’ll take care of them. You don’t need to be involved.
A healthy sales culture starts at the top. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/386922/3-Pieces-to-Building-a-Healthy-Sales-Culture and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/223930/Grow-Your-Business-By-Improving-Its-Sales-Culture
7. We only work with big companies.
8. We only work with small companies.
Nope! Larger companies often fall short when it comes to forecasting, metrics and communication. In addition to Lushin Indianapolis, know that we offer training wherever you need it. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/308872/3-Key-Sales-Metrics-All-CEOs-Should-Know
9. Having us speak at your event will give you measurable success.
Measurable success comes through hard work, not a standalone event. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/222422/How-Does-a-Great-Sales-Team-Succeed
Myths about Lushin Training Practices
10. We can teach anyone to sell.
Almost. The individual needs to do the work. It does help if you have the right people. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/350181/How-to-Build-a-Sales-Team-that-Works-on-Day-1
11. Training is done in a classroom-style setting.
You’re not in grade school anymore, and Lushin isn’t like other sales training. http://info.lushin.com/blog/where-of-lushin-training
12. We teach high pressure sales tactics.
Pressure is a leading cause of stalling. So no, we don’t. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304762/Remove-the-Pressure-From-Your-Prospects
13. We teach selling through scripts and “moves.”
Sales shouldn’t be cut down to a script. Having a plan and foundation helps, but sometimes, you need to think outside the box. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/223948/Unconventional-Ways-to-Attract-New-Customers
14. We only teach sales tactics and sales “gimmicks.”
Nope! But we do help help our clients to build trust with prospective buyers. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/239915/Are-You-Really-Building-Trust-With-Prospects
15. We only train and facilitate the Sandler sales system, and that’s it.
Sales training, regardless of the system, should teach the basics of mastering human behavior and how to deal with people. http://info.lushin.com/blog/what-sales-training-is-really-about
16. Our clients sound like Lushin/Sandler robots.
A sales conversation should be natural. We help facilitate that. http://info.lushin.com/blog/a-sales-conversation-should-be-a-natural-conversation
Myths Clients Believe About Themselves
17. Your company is successful, so you don’t need help with sales and management training.
18. You already know what your sales people’s problems are and why they’re happening.
How do you really know if you do or don’t? http://info.lushin.com/blog/what-is-the-real-deal
19. You are already “doing all of the right things.”
Then are you where you want to be in terms of steady growth? http://info.lushin.com/blog/why-wouldnt-you-be-doing-this
20. Sales methods won’t work for your longer, more complex sale.
Whether your business is based around a long or short buy cycle, our training can help. http://info.lushin.com/blog/decoding-sales-cycles-and-complexity
21. Your business is different and Lushin won’t understand what you experience.
We help all sorts of clients. Even this marketing firm: http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/342814/Why-Did-A-Marketing-Firm-Hire-Lushin
22. Your sales problems are too messy or too big to work on and fix.
If you have a big, messy problem, we can help you. If your circumstances make it hard for your sales team to succeed, let’s help them together. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/220831/An-Overloaded-Sales-Team-Why-the-Best-Might-Be-Underperforming
23. Training doesn’t apply, or won’t work in your industry.
The real question is, “Do you understand the subtle nuances of our world, and do you understand our situation?” Yes. http://info.lushin.com/blog/how-to-handle-prospect-pushback
24. Hiring is a crapshoot and you can’t predict the future.
It doesn’t have to be a crapshoot. In fact, we can accurately predict and assess who can sell. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/375987/Hiring-a-Sales-Rep-the-Moneyball-Way and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/342791/How-To-Hire-A-Killer-Salesperson
25. It is more effective to train your mediocre sales team than to hire people who can sell out of the gate.
Training put into practice does work. But sometimes it helps to hire in the culture/people you want. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/342795/How-Can-You-Change-Your-Company-Culture
26. Good sales people make for good sales managers.
It’s apples and oranges. Selling and coaching or leadership do not go hand-in-hand. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/378995/How-To-Be-An-All-Star-Sales-Manager and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/312069/Is-Your-Sales-Manager-Strong-Enough-For-Your-Team
27. Strong managers/sales reps don’t need help.
Ask yourself: Is your best sales person really your best? Strip away the advantages. http://info.lushin.com/blog/best-people
28. You don’t need sales training because it is your sales manager’s responsibility.
80% of sales managers are not effective. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304758/Why-80-of-Sales-Managers-are-NOT-Effective
29. Every piece of the puzzle needs to be put into place before getting help.
You need to manage behavior, not results. Stop getting ready. Stop trying things. Find a sales expert. http://info.lushin.com/blog/timing-is-everything
30. Achieving corporate goals is most important.
Nobody gets up in the morning to meet the company sales goal. So, how are you motivating your people to achieve? http://info.lushin.com/blog/where-should-the-focus-be
31. It’s not the right time to tackle this (sales training).
It’s never going to be the right time. You and your team will always be too busy. But if you’re encountering the same problems over and over, it might be time to solve them for good (and quit wasting time). http://info.lushin.com/blog/wasting-time
32. You don’t believe your people can change.
Does your sales team have the passion to succeed? What about the discipline needed? http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/311783/Does-Your-Sales-Team-Have-the-Passion-to-Succeed and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304764/Why-Discipline-is-Critical-to-Strong-Sales-Growth
Myths About Sales Training In General
33. Transformational change is easy, cheap, and fun.
34. Doing a short boost, a boot camp, or a quick session to fix problems will work.
You’re a professional, not an amateur right? You can’t attend one boot camp and consider your work done. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/401621/Are-you-an-amateur-or-a-professional
35. People have to change who they are in order to be more effective at selling.
Not true! Selling should be natural. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/399084/Why-do-salespeople-change-who-they-are-when-they-sell
Myths About Sales
36. Salespeople are born not made.
Some people are born knowing the “what.” But most people need help with the “how.” http://info.lushin.com/blog/do-you-really-know-how and http://info.lushin.com/blog/why-do-we-make-selling-so-difficult
37. Cold calling is unproductive.
Cold calls do generate revenue. But not if you do them the wrong way. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/244327/Boost-Sales-with-5-Cold-Calling-Tips and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/337223/5-Tips-to-Help-Salespeople-Grow-Books-of-Business
38. You should always be closing.
Sometimes you need to walk away (toward more sales). http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/394682/Have-the-Presence-to-Walk-Away-From-a-Bad-Prospect
39. You have to educate your prospect before you can expect them to buy from you.
Don’t be an unpaid consultant! http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/379098/Get-Paid-For-Your-Upfront-Sales-Consulting and http://info.lushin.com/blog/do-demos-help-or-hurt
40. Motivation is the key to success in sales.
No, prospecting is (one of them, at least). http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/340223/5-Proven-Prospecting-Methods-to-Increase-Your-Sales
41. Positive mental attitude is all you need.
Nope. You still need a well-defined sales process. http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/337189/5-Parts-of-an-Effective-Sales-Process
42. Being likable is the most important quality of a sales professional.
43. Selling is Telling.
The traditional sales rep tells. We teach our clients to listen and ask. http://info.lushin.com/blog/sales-walls
44. Sales is just a “numbers” game.
It doesn’t have to be! http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/396660/Avoid-the-Bidding-and-Quoting-Trap
45. Hope is a strategy.
46. Buyers tell the truth.
They don’t. And if you believe that, you may have “happy ears.” http://info.lushin.com/blog/happy-ears
47. You have to have thick skin.
You don’t. But, you do need to do the tough work to reach your goals. Accountability and commitment to a plan can help people get out of their comfort zone. http://info.lushin.com/blog/stuck-in-neutral
48. You have to be rejection proof.
No…but selling should be fun. We tell our clients to count their no’s and yes’s. If a “no” feels like rejection, you were too emotionally invested (or focused on your own head trash, and not the sale). http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/380946/Selling-Should-be-Fun
49. Winging it works.
Not if you want consistent, intentional sales and growth. http://info.lushin.com/blog/is-your-companys-growth-intentional-or-just-lucky
50. You need to lower your price to get the sale.
The real issue isn’t the price. http://info.lushin.com/blog/stop-discounting and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/304753/Stop-Cutting-Your-Price and http://info.lushin.com/blog/bid/254691/Price-Shouldn-t-Be-an-Excuse