O'Keeffe PR Business Development Executive
The New Business Development Executive is O’Keeffe’s ‘‘ambassador” to prospective new clients. The ideal New Business Development Executive will love to sell and be highly driven. This is a “cradle to grave” sales position. The New Business Development Executive (through prospecting) should create a high volume of high-quality sales opportunities, and close them in a timely fashion.
In this role, you will be a key team member of the O’Keeffe team, working alongside the Account Managers and Executive team to drive new business development. You will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing all Professional Services business development activities. Ultimately, you’ll employ effective selling strategies to grow our business and successfully position O’Keeffe as the region’s leading public relations, content management, social media, community engagement, reputation management, and risk management consultant.
Compensation & Benefits:
O’Keeffe PR is seeking an exceptionally talented and driven New Business Development Executive. This Executive will add significant value to our business and will be compensated fairly and proportionally for results. The compensation is a base salary plus commission.
- Actively solicit meetings and introductions to present O’Keeffe’s capabilities
- Participate in Networking Events (in-person and virtual) to develop relationships
- Conduct services discovery with prospects to validate suitability to become a client
- Assess prospects’ communications needs
- Participate in Proposal, RFP Response and possibly Project Plan creation
- Maintain accurate and timely prospect, pipeline and new business forecast data
Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in sales
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Must be able to prove past sales success
- Must excel as a hunter
- Experience selling a conceptual service is preferred, but not required
- Must have high desire, commitment, motivation and goal orientation.
- Must sell consultatively
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of content, social media, reputation management and public relations strategies is preferred
- Experience in both B2B and B2C sales is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have intellectual humility and be highly coachable
- Must be comfortable talking about money and maintaining margin integrity.
- Authentic, effective and direct communication.
- High levels of personal and professional responsibility and be able to quickly internalize coaching and training.
- Must be comfortable with being held accountable for prospecting metrics and various sales-related key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quotas
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Open to minimal travel, if needed.
Candidates with relevant experience who meet the previous requirements are encouraged to apply!
Click here to apply!