About the job
Butler, Fairman and Seufert (BF&S) is seeking an experienced sales representative to work out of our Fort Wayne office. This qualified candidate will manage client relationships for current clients and identify new prospects. Winning contracts for engineering services and maintaining an opportunity pipeline for potential projects are the metrics used to determine success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, maintain and cultivate relationships with elected officials and appointed staff for City, Town and County units of government.
- Be credible as a “trusted adviser” on civil engineering projects.
- Develop and manage an opportunity pipeline for projects to be designed and constructed by existing BF&S clients and prospects.
- Be the liaison between BF&S clients and BF&S staff to ensure a close working relationship.
- Be able to understand infrastructure funding and project development.
- Be involved in various community and civic organizations/events such as Kiwanis, Chamber of Commerce, political events, etc.
- Evaluate and understand political relationships and community impacts while working for and with highly technical projects and people.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in sales (executing sales process, navigating long sales cycle and complex decision process and team selling scenarios)
- History of being highly coachable, navigating multiple personalities and having an inquisitive mindset.
- Local knowledge and understanding of Fort Wayne, Allen County and regional areas of NE and NC Indiana
- Strong verbal communications skills and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, prospects, engineering project managers, and the public are necessary.
- Strong writing skills
Sound like you? Click here to apply!