Cygnal is looking for a relationally connected, nose-to-the-grindstone, highly driven, results-oriented politico to join our political sales team in Washington, DC area. Click here to apply!
Cygnal is a culture-obsessed, team-oriented, fail-and-learn, servant-leader, obsessively innovative organization. We are passionate about helping our clients get more accurate research that is also affordable.
Other polling firms are doing the same thing they’ve always done, while Cygnal is bringing accuracy and clarity by creating new methodologies, new technologies, and new ways to improve campaign decision making, creating intelligence for action.
Cygnal is a technological leader in the survey research, predictive analytics, and polling industries.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about and excels at sales in the political world.
You will be creating, pursuing, and closing sales opportunities within your assigned territory. This role is built for the consummate networker. You have cultivated friendships and professional relationships during your years working on campaigns and in the committee/party structure. You don’t have to be a polling expert, but you do need to understand the problems it solves and the answers it can provide.
Political Relationship Manager Requirements
We are looking for a determined and motivated individual with the following experience, skills, and unique characteristics:
- Self-confident yet humble and coachable.
- Deep relationships with consultants, committees, and campaign decision makers
- Critical thinker that excels at solving problems and piecing together opportunities.
- Optimistic in the opportunity to succeed and persistent in your pursuit.
- Flexible and open to change.
- A self-starter - takes initiative and needs little supervision.
- Has enough detail to hold things together, but also knows when to hand something off.
- Never settles and always looks to improve and do things better and more efficiently.
- Ability to run fast (not in the athletic sense…but that’d be a plus when we start a company 5k).
- Demonstrates a high-level of integrity and keeps promises in all situations.
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress.
- Organized with effective time management skills to effectively prioritize projects and workload.
- Ability to deliver on sales revenue goals using defined sales processes and tools.
- Sets personal and company sales goals and objectives and tracks progress toward their achievement.
- A track record of finding and closing new business, including cold calling and social media selling. This will include persistence to make daily outbound contact of 25 or more activities - calls, emails, texts, notes, gifts, etc.
- Networking and building long term relationships, including having built relationships with consultants, political vendors, and elected officials.
- Experience driving the sales pipeline and managing a territory, including preparing and closing client proposals and achieving revenue goals.
- Demonstrated success in consultative selling and building creative technical solutions and presentations for prospects.
- Maintains accurate and timely electronic records of all prospecting activities utilizing PipeDrive (or similar CRM) software including the data entry of established contacts, sales calls and presentations performed, closed sales achieved, and other follow-up activities.
- Experience in engaging with various teams regularly on pricing, feasibility, and to collaborate to get deals closed.
- Comfortable using technology and easily adaptable to new tools.
- Works closely with project delivery teams to ensure smooth and complete new account onboarding.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills - can effectively and respectfully actively listen and communicate within every level at a company.
- Effective analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills (can gather and analyze data and information and draw conclusions).
- Experience managing client communications and resolve client issues and objections that arise.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Proficient in basic computer skills, i.e. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Slack, Internet usage (e-mail).
5-8 years of campaign work with at least 1 cycle experience at mid-level or higher in a committee, caucus, or political party is required.
BA/BS degree is required.
You will be based in the Washington, DC area.
Overnight travel required- estimated at 25-30%.
Additional benefits include:
- Insurance – Medical/Dental/Vision/Life (approx. 50-65% covered)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (100% covered)
- Retirement Plan (100% match on first 3%; 50% match on next 2%)
- Paid Time Off (Unlimited vacation policy with mandatory 10 days taken)
- Professional Development Opportunities
Click here to apply!