Cygnal is looking for a nose-to-the-grindstone, highly-driven, results-oriented individual to join our corporate sales team in Washington, DC area. Click here to apply!
Cygnal is a team-focused, values-driven, vision-oriented company. We only hire individuals who have the values and drive to be called a Cygnaler. We are a small, rapidly-growing company that went from nobodies to a New York Times recognition in just a few short years. Our desire is to help companies and organizations make great decisions by having the best information available – learned through our market research, data analytics, and polling services, of course. We are dominating the political space and now taking that knowledge of how to create intelligence for action to the corporate arena.
Cygnal is a technological leader in the survey research and polling industry. Our fastest growth area is now serving corporate clients with market research, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction services.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about and excels at sales to the C-Suite.
You will be creating, pursuing, and closing sales opportunities within your assigned territory and/or industries. You will be the face of the Cygnal organization within your assigned territory and the conduit between the company and your territory.
This position requires expertise in all aspects of the sales process. Therefore, one must have a track record of finding and closing new opportunities as well as developing business with accounts that the salesperson closes. This is a consultative solution-based sales position – you must be able to sell on value and not on price along with selling the value, not a company brand name. Having excellent problem-solving skills is critical in helping our clients achieve success.
Account Executive Requirements
We are looking for a determined and motivated individual with the following experience, skills, and unique characteristics:
- Self-confident yet humble and coachable.
- Critical thinker that excels at solving problems and piecing together opportunities.
- Optimistic in the opportunity to succeed and persistent in your pursuit.
- Flexible and open to change.
- A self-starter - takes initiative and needs little supervision.
- Never settles and always looks to improve and do things better and more efficiently.
- Ability to run fast (not in the athletic sense…thank goodness).
- Demonstrates a high-level of integrity and keeps promises in all situations.
- Ability to maintain composure and react professionally during periods of stress.
- Organized with effective time management skills to effectively prioritize projects and workload.
- Ability to deliver on sales revenue goals using defined sales processes and tools.
- Sets personal and company sales goals and objectives and tracks progress toward their achievement.
- Experience in creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans.
- Prior success selling to owner, executive, and management levels of various organizations.
- Experience independently closing individual accounts with revenue over $100K+ in revenue.
- A track record of finding and closing new business, including cold calling and social media selling.
- Networking and building long term relationships.
- Experience driving the sales pipeline and managing a territory, including preparing and closing client proposals and achieving revenue goals.
- Demonstrated success in consultative selling and building creative technical solutions and presentations for prospects.
- Maintains accurate and timely electronic records of all prospecting activities utilizing PipeDrive (or similar CRM) software including the data entry of established contacts, sales calls and presentations performed, closed sales achieved, and other follow-up activities.
- Experience in engaging with various teams regularly on pricing, feasibility, and to collaborate to get deals closed.
- Comfortable using technology and easily adaptable to new tools.
- Worked closely with project delivery teams to ensure smooth and complete new account onboarding.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills - can effectively and respectfully actively listen and communicate within every level at a company.
- Effective analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills (can gather and analyze data and information and draw conclusions).
- Experience managing client communications and resolve client issues and objections that arise.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Proficient in basic computer skills, i.e. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Internet usage (e-mail).
Minimum of 7 years successful experience as a direct contributor carrying an individual quota is required to apply.
Experience in selling services to new business clients required. Proficient in concepts around market research and data analytics is preferred.
BA/BS degree is required.
You will be based in the Washington, DC area.
Overnight travel required- estimated at 15-20%.
Additional benefits include:
- Insurance – Medical/Dental/Vision/Life (approx. 50-65% covered)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (100% covered)
- Retirement Plan (100% match on first 3%; 50% match on next 2%)
Paid Time Off (Unlimited vacation policy with mandate)
Click here to apply!